West Herts Cricket Club Guidelines on Changing Rooms and Showering Facilities
All ECB affiliated cricket clubs must have a Changing Policy which will be dependent upon the facilities available at the club, the access to those facilities and the number of children involved.
These guidelines apply to adults and children sharing changing facilities.
Please note that if children are uncomfortable changing or showering with adults at the Club, no pressure should be placed on them to do so. Encourage them to do this at home.
Principles adopted by WHCC are as follows:
- Adults must not change or shower at the same time using the same facility as children..
- Adults should try to change at separate times to children during matches i.e. when padding up.
- If Adults and children need to share a changing facility, the Club must have consent from the Parents that their child(ren) can share a changing room with Adults in the club.
- If children play for Adult Teams, they and their parents must be informed of the Club’s policy on changing arrangements.
- Mixed gender teams must have access to separate male and female changing rooms (or failing that at least have different changing times which are strictly adhered to).
- Mobile phones must not be used in changing rooms.
Adopted December 2017.